Saturday, January 7, 2017

Focus on What Students CAN do, NOT What They Can't Do!

Teachers, we know so many of our students come to us with needs. Every day it seems like we gain a new role: comforter, nurse, counselor, referee, entertainer, and the list goes on. Many of our students come to us after a fight at home, a recent death, abuse, hungry, cold, and in situations we can't even imagine.

As teachers, we can sometimes get into a rut of focusing on what our students can't do. When perusing through Facebook tonight, I came across a post from Principal Principles that I loved. She posted a song from one of her friends, Staci Erickson, that really hit home with me. It reminded me that ALL of our students have gifts. We are there to help our students discover those gifts and remind them of how special and unique they are.

This video is worth sharing. I hope you enjoy as much as I did. I can just see the faces of many of my students when watching it. What signs would our students be holding up? Let's tell them!

1 comment: