Monday, February 24, 2014

Thrilled to be Nominated for the Liebster Award!

Wow! As I'm grading papers, I get a notification that I've been nominated for an award I've never heard of. It's the Lieber award for new blogs. I'm ecstatic!

Thank you, Susanne Ash, from Create, Educate, Inspire for nominating me. Check out her blog!
Create, Educate, Inspire
A little about the Liebster award:
The Liebster Award is an award for new blogs. Liebster is a German word that means: 
BELOVED, CUTE, LOVELY, DEAREST, and WELCOME. 


To accept the nomination I must: 1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator (Suzanne)
4. Share 11 random facts about myself
5. Create 11 questions for my nominees
6. Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them.

Here are my nominees: 






 Sassy Savy Simple Teaching
Love your posts, Dianna! 




Love the classroom activities, new products, and suggestions, Kathy!







Inspiring quotes and helpful tips posted on this colorful page!




I connected with Appletastic in the TpT forum. Awesome and detailed products posted, Shelly!

Love your hot chocolate placemats and many other wonderful ideas!

Here are my questions from Suzanne.

1. What grade do you teach? Do you love it or would you switch grades?
I teach 3rd grade. I team teach. I teach ELA, reading, and SS, and my teammate teaches math and science.


2. What is your biggest pet peeve in the classroom?

Unkindness, students speaking with sarcasm or a negative tone to others (I nip this in the bud instantly)!

3. What inspired you to start blogging? Seeing all the phenomenal blogs from others. You inspired me!

4. What is one teaching supply you couldn’t live without?
Binder clips! Use them all day, every day!

5. What is your favorite lesson to teach?

Alliteration/ poetry


6. What is your favorite dessert recipe?
Heath/Toffee Cake (yummy!)


7. How do you spend your weekends?

With family, pinning, relaxing, watching movies, reading, & creating TpT products.


8. Coffee or pop? 
Definitely coffee (the stronger the better)!


9. Share a technology resource that you love using in your classroom.

iPods and apps, iPhone, Acers, work work games, dictionary.com



10. What is your favorite children’s book to read to your students?

Animalia, The Dumb Bunnies, I'll Meet You Halfway, The Rainbow Fish (sorry, I couldn't just pick one).



11. What is your typical bedtime on a school night?

Uh oh, I'm in trouble here. Too late, for sure (usually around midnight). 


Here are 11 random facts about me:
1. I adore animals. I own three animals (all have been adopted/rescued).

2. I'm addicted to pinning and TpT.

3. My favorite restaurant is Outback.
4.  I love all genres of music except opera.
5. I'm feel withdrawals when I don't have my iPhone (I know, bad)!
6. I wear an "I Am Second" bracelet daily.
7. My favorite date with my hubby is sitting in my pajamas and ordering Take Out for dinner.
8. I love reality TV.
9. My favorite flower is a tulip.
10. I chew gum all day long, every day (thank goodness for sugar-free)!
11. I love fishing but won't take the fish off the hook (that's what my hubby is for). LOL!

Here are my 11 questions for my nominees: 
1. What grade do you teach? Are you self contained or do you team teach?
2. What is your greatest challenge as a teacher?
3. What inspired you to start blogging? 
4. What is one teaching supply you couldn’t live without?
5. What is your favorite lesson to teach?
6. What is your favorite app to use in the classroom?
7. What is the number 1 thing you do in the classroom that you think brings you success?
8. What's your favorite brain break?
9. Share a technology resource that you love using in your classroom.
10. What is your favorite activity to do with your students?
11. What is your typical bedtime on a school night?

I can't wait to see my nominees' responses.

2 comments:

  1. I am a coffee addict and an animal rescuer! I am actually waiting to hear back about this puppy I'd like to adopt. :D He will make number 3 Saturday if it all pans out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you soo much! I appreciate it and feel very honored to be thought of! Head on over to my blog to see my post:) http://sassysavvysimpleteaching.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete