Saturday, February 15, 2014

Character Traits Valentines

Last week, my children wrote the character traits of two main characters from a story we read in class. For Valentine's Day, I thought it would be fun to not only review character traits but to have our peers list traits of one another.

 My students really enjoyed this activity. Each student wrote his/her name on a heart. Then we moved around the room (one heart at a time) and wrote one character trait of that particular person (kind-hearted, energetic, giving, unselfish, humble, ambitious, etc.) with our name below the positive word we wrote.

 To help the children with spelling and to give suggestions on words to write, I displayed a Character Trait List on the projector. Before the activity, we went through each word and starred the positive traits and crossed out the negative traits (which they were NOT to use). This is also a perfect opportunity to discuss meanings of words such as "humble," "ambitious," "timid," etc. It was so much fun watching my students read what others thought of them.

Great way to build confidence on this special day! Be sure and have students fill one out for you, too. I have mine displayed proudly in my room.

Proud of Our Character Trait Hearts!

Writing POSITIVE Character Traits

Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Blessings,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment