Monday, January 20, 2014

Please show "I Have a Dream Speech"

Teachers,
Please don't miss the opportunity to show the BEST (in my opinion) persuasive speech of all time.  It's a perfect time to remind students to treat EVERYONE with respect and dignity.  Dr. King was definitely a man of "big words," so it's also a wonderful opportunity to bring in new vocabulary.


For younger children, there's a shorter version on youtube.

"NOW is the time" to make justice a reality for ALL men."

A great book that explains the words, and meaning, behind Dr. King's words is Dr. Martin Luther King's I Have a Dream Speech in Translation from Scholastic. See photo of book below.

photo credit: http://bookboxdaily.scholastic.com/2012/01/13/happy-martin-luther-king-jr-day/

I HAVE A DREAM....


"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
I have a dream today!"

As a nation, "WE SHALL OVERCOME!"

Blessings,
Angie


No comments:

Post a Comment