Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sensational Sensory Poems

Poetry is one of my favorite types of writing.  For Thanksgiving, my students completed a sensory poem.  Thanksgiving looks like... Thanksgiving sounds like... Thanksgiving smells like... Thanksgiving  tastes like... and Thanksgiving feels like...

Using descriptive language and sensory words, my students came up with some incredible poems. This was initially written on notebook paper, revised and edited, and then written on a final draft sheet.  The final product also included cutting out and coloring a turkey. I am proud of their hard work. We proudly displayed these outside our classroom.

NOTE: I don't take credit for the turkey cut out.

Happy writing,
Angie

Thanksgiving Sensory Poem
Sensory Poems Hung Proudly in Our Hallway






No comments:

Post a Comment