Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Digital Media - Vocabulary Resource & Create a Billboard Activity

Teaching digital media can be fun!  I just recently gave my students words that pertain to digital media. We discussed how commercials and advertising companies use persuasive language to persuade (or convince) the viewers to purchase their particular product. Some of the youtube videos I showed in class are shown below. My students really enjoyed them.  We talked about certain media techniques used (bright colors, music, humor, emotion, close ups, great jingles/slogans, famous people, etc.).





After that, I presented a fun activity...Create Your Own Billboard.  The children followed the specific guidelines on a rubric that I created.  The final products were fabulous!  I was so impressed with their understanding of persuasive techniques, language, and phrases. An example of a final product is displayed below.

Create a Billboard
The "digital media vocabulary," "Create a Billboard" Activity, and the" Create a Billboard" rubric for easy grading/assessment can be found on my TpT store.  Check it out! You'll be glad you did!

Happy teaching,
Angie Lobue


No comments:

Post a Comment