Monday, August 19, 2013

We CAN make a difference!

I'm sure all teachers are either already in school or are in training this week like me. We discussed many things today, but there was one thing that really made an impact on me. I already knew it, but it was a great reminder. I'll post that particular quote below so you too can be reminded of the impact we can have on our students.  

Haim G. Ginott... “I’ve come to a frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element in the classroom. It’s my personal approach that creates the climate. It’s my daily mood that makes the weather. As a teacher, I possess a tremendous power to make a child’s life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration. I can humiliate or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis will be escalated or de-escalated and a child humanized or dehumanized.”

 Wow, it IS frightening to realize the power that we have in our classrooms. We ARE the climate and mood determiner in our classrooms. So, why not create a positive environment for our children?

Blessings and happy teaching!
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment